Salkantay 4 days
Salkantay trek, it is so popular as the Inca Trail with beautiful scenaries and landscapes.
From $ 380
- Things to bring
Salkantay 4 days
Day 1: Cusco - Soraypampa - Chaullay (L)(D)
From Cusco very early in the morning at 5.30 am aprox. we will go by bus to Soraypampa (3.850 M.A..S.L) in this part of the trail, we are going to see in front of us, the first HUMANTAY snow capped mountain. Here We have to climb up for four hours to the first pass of SALKANTAY mountain. Which is over 4.540 m.a.s.l. here on the top of this Salkantay mountain (highest point). We stop for around 25 minutes to take group pictures, because from here, we will have great views of range of the mountains and we will find some heaps of stones (Apachayta) around this pass. After this, We are going dawn for 4 hours through a nice trail to Chaullay, which is over lower than first campsite 2.900 m.a.s.l where we have our tea time and dinner.
Day 2: Chaullay – La Playa (Sawayaco) - Santa Teresa (B)(L)(D)
We leave from Chaullay early as well after our breakfast at 7.00 am aprox. we will pass through COLLCAPAMPA. In this part of the trek we will walk on a narrow trail on the mountainside, crossing some species of orchids and different kinds of plants, and some cornfields, fruit fields and we have opportunity to see the most beautiful waterfall on the trail. After walking for 5 hours. Finally we will get to LA PLAYA place, which take a small truck to go SANTA TERESA town is over 1.645m.s.a.l it is going to be just 45 minutes by truck and we will get to SANTA TERESA around 1:00 pm to set up our tents here We can go to the medicinal hot springs waters which is only 45 minutes from Santa Teresa town.
Day 3: Santa Teresa – Hidroelectrica – Aguas Calientes (B)(L)(D)
We get up early in the morning and after breakfast we start walking for around 3 hours aprox. to get the Urubamba river After this spectacular experience we keep going for 2 more hours to a hydroelectric power station which is also a small village and the train station for this part of the trail. Here we can see many kinds of fruits, tree and plants, after the lunch we will continue our trekking to we arrive Aguas Calientes village.
Overnight: Hotel in Aguas Calientes town (private bathroom, hot water, storage).
Day 4: Aguas Calientes – Machu Picchu - Cusco (B)
Breakfast will be served from 5:00 am. Then you will take the bus to visit the Machu Picchu Sanctuary.
The exciting exploration begins with a visit to the world famous Machupicchu Sacred Temples (Sun Temple, Condor Temple) agricultural terraces, sacred rocks, water fountains, the famous Intihuatana and other important Inca buildings. During the tour, our guide will explain the meanings , importance and story of Machupicchu while we walk around the Machu picchu city for around 2 hours. After your tour you'll have free time to explore the site by yourself.
Later in the afternoon you will take the bus back down to Aguas Calientes where you will take the train back to Ollantaytambo and then carry on by car to Cusco, where we will arrive late at night.
All departure and arrival times are approximate.
Breakfast (B), Lunch (L), Dinner (D)
- Pick-up from your hotel
- Tourist bus from Cusco to Soraypampa starting point.
- A local experienced English - Spanish tour guide.
- Entrance fees to tourist sites.
- Return train ticket on the last day from Aguas Calientes to Ollantaytambo.
- Collection from train station (Ollantaytambo) and transfer to Cusco city.
- Drop-off at your hotel
- Round trip Bus ticket (Aguas Calientes - Machu Picchu Sanctuary - Aguas Calientes).
- Entrance ticket to Machu Picchu Sanctuary
- Hot water every morning and evening after the trek for washing purposes + filtered and boiled water to fill up your water bottle every morning, night, and at lunch time if requested.
- Professional chef, Chefs helper, cooking equipment ( surgical steel )
- Horses to carry the camping equipment.
- Two hours Machu Picchu guided tour.
- Assistant Tour Guide (for groups of 9 or more people).
- 3 Breakfasts, 3 Lunches, 3 Afternoon Snacks and 3 Dinners
- Vegetarian food available upon request with no extra charge
- 01 night of Hotel accommodation in Aguas Calientes town.
- Camping gear: Double waterproof tents ( 4 person capacity tent, to allow for higher comfort and keeping the backpacks ) + dining tent with tables and chairs + kitchen tent + toilet tent + tent for our guides, and staff.
- 24 hours emergency oxygen assistance.
- First aid kid.
- Bio-degradable personal hand soaps and detergents.
What is not included
- Tips or gratuities for guides, drivers, cooks, porters, etc.
- Entrance to the thermal springs in Aguas Calientes
- Breakfast (first day) and the last lunch( last day).
- Sleeping bag and walking sticks
Prices in U.S. dollars are based on per person, departures are guaranteed.
This tour includes the Expedition Service. The Expedition train has fully covered wagons with panoramic windows to allow travelers to immerse in the beauty of the natural landscape, and make your experience at Machu Picchu begins on the train.
All hotels included in our programs are three stars (Tourist class). Rooms are equipped with cable TV, hote water 24 hours, and bathrooms with free toiletries. Free wifi. Some rooms have air conditioning. Featuring a restaurant and a coffee shop.
- Machu Picchu Student Discount, $ 20.00 per person (Requires ISIC Card to qualify, you will need to e-mail us a copy of your ISIC)
- Machu Picchu Children, $ 20.00 per person (Passengers under 18 years old receive the same discount as a student. If you are claiming a child discount you must send us a scanned copy of your child's passport by email).
- Machu Picchu Andean Community: Peru, Colombia, Bolivia and Ecuador : $ 20.00 per person.
- EARLY BIRD SAVING: 90 days prior to the trip: 10% off.
NOTE: INCA PLANET TRAVEL GUIDE reserves the right to make the final decision regarding amount of discount. Also we offer special discounts for groups.
Extensions and additional services
- Upgrade to Vistadome train (one way): $65.00 per person
- Huaynapicchu mountain ticket: $20.00 per person
- Machupicchu mountain ticket: $20.00 per person
- Sleeping Bag: $25.00 per person
- Walking Pole: $20.00 per person
- Inflatable Mattress: $15.00 per person
- Single Tent Supplement: $25.00 per person
- Extra horse to carry extra 15kg of personal items:$50.00
Things to bring
- Hat or cap to protect from the sun.
- Sun cream (factor 35 recommended), lip salve, sun glasses.
- Money belt + emergency money
- Water bottle (mineral water can be bought throughout Peru)
- Camera + Batteries (Batteries can easily be bought in Peru and is of excellent quality).
- Waterproof jacket/rain poncho
- Original passport.
- Swimsuit (if you plan on visiting the hot springs.
- Toiletries, towel and toilet paper
- Insect repellent
- Comfortable walking boots with good ankle support.
- Sleeping bag.
- Backpack (65 litres should be quite sufficient).
- Clothes: long trousers (lightweight), T-shirts, short-sleeved shirt, long-sleeved shirt, pair shorts, Underwear and socks (thermal underwear is highly recommended, being light, warm and makes good nightwear on cold nights), Fleece jacket.