Machupicchu + Mandor 2 Days
To visit the lost city of the Incas, Machu Picchu, and hike to the Mandor Waterfalls, the Botanical Garden with an array of orchids and native plants. This is a wonderful option for those who want a few more interesting guided activities on their itinerary.
From US$ 405
- Things to bring
Machupicchu + Mandor 2 Days
Day 1: Cusco – Aguas Calientes - Mandor waterfall (L, D)
5:00 AM aprox. : Hotel pick up and transfer to the Ollantaytambo train station. Then, you will take the train to get Machu picchu town (the train lasts about 2 hours). Then, we will pick you up from the Machupicchu train station and transfer to the hotel.
In the afternoon, we will start a nice walk to Mandor Pampa. Mandor pampa is a beautiful area that exhibits a wide variety of local flora and fauna, such as orchids and bromelia. The hike follows the railway tracks for 4 km, parallel to the course of the rushing river Vilcanota. The trail then passes through an old coffee plantation before entering the cloud forest, following the river for about thirty minutes before arriving at the falls. Along the route we will pass through plantations of coffee, bananas, avocado and medicinal plants, until the surroundings become wilder and we are able to observe many species of butterflies. The waterfall itself is about 12 metres high; the water arrives here from the sacred peak of Yanantin. Further along the trail, deep in the forest, it is possible to spot spectacled bears, coatis, and river otters, as well as hundreds of bird species.
Overnight: Hotel in Aguas Calientes town (private bathroom, hot water, storage)
Day 2: Aguas Calientes - Machu Picchu - Cusco (B, L)
Early wake Up (by 05: 30 a.m.), Breakfast. We will take the early Tourist bus Up to Machu Picchu Sanctuary.
The exciting exploration begins with a visit to the world famous Machupicchu Sacred Temples (Sun Temple, Condor Temple) agricultural terraces, sacred rocks, water fountains, the famous Intihuatana and other important Inca buildings. During the tour, our guide will explain the meanings , importance and story of Machupicchu while we walk around the Machu picchu city for around 2 hours. After your tour you'll have free time to explore the site by yourself.
Later in the afternoon you will take the bus back down to Aguas Calientes where you will take the train back to Ollantaytambo and then carry on by car to Cusco, where we will arrive late at night.
All departure and arrival times are approximate.
Breakfast (B), Lunch (L), Dinner (D)
- Altitude at Machu Picchu - 2400m / 7873ft.
- Machupicchu Weather: dry from May to October, wet from November to April.
- Baggage: 1 small bag of hand luggage (5 kg/11 lb max) is allowed on the train.
What is not included
Prices in U.S. dollars are based on per person, departures are guaranteed.
This tour includes the Expedition Service. The Expedition train has fully covered wagons with panoramic windows to allow travelers to immerse in the beauty of the natural landscape, and make your experience at Machu Picchu begins on the train.
All hotels included in our programs are three stars (Tourist class). Rooms are equipped with cable TV, hote water 24 hours, and bathrooms with free toiletries. Free wifi. Some rooms have air conditioning. Featuring a restaurant and a coffee shop.
- Machu Picchu Student Discount, $ 20.00 per person (Requires ISIC Card to qualify, you will need to e-mail us a copy of your ISIC)
- Machu Picchu Children, $ 20.00 per person (Passengers under 18 years old receive the same discount as a student. If you are claiming a child discount you must send us a scanned copy of your child's passport by email).
- Machu Picchu Andean Community: Peru, Colombia, Bolivia and Ecuador : $ 20.00 per person.
NOTE: INCA PLANET TRAVEL GUIDE reserves the right to make the final decision regarding amount of discount. Also we offer special discounts for groups.
Extensions and additional services
- Private tour guide (english) to visit Machu Picchu: $80.00 per group
- Huaynapicchu mountain ticket: $20.00 per person
- Machupicchu mountain ticket: $20.00 per person
- Upgrade to Vistadome train (round trip): USD 85.00
Things to bring
- Hat or cap to protect from the sun.
- Sun cream (factor 35 recommended), lip salve, sun glasses.
- Money belt + emergency money
- Water bottle (mineral water can be bought throughout Peru)
- Camera + Batteries (Batteries can easily be bought in Peru and is of excellent quality).
- Waterproof jacket/rain poncho
- Original passport.
- Swimsuit (if you plan on visiting the hot springs.
- Toiletries, towel and toilet paper
- Insect repellent
- A small day-bag
- Comfortable walking boots with good ankle support.
Machu picchu - Peru
Machupicchu - Cusco Peru