Machu picchu De Luxe 1 Day
Belmond Hiram Bingham takes you through scenery of outstanding beauty - a comfortable and luxurious way to Machu Picchu Ruins. A journey on the Belmond Hiram Bingham.
- Things to bring
Machu picchu De Luxe 1 Day
The train leaves from Cuzco in the morning taking a spectacular journey through a changing landscape while guests enjoy breakfast. After the steep climb out of Cuzco, the train descends into the Sacred Valley of the Incas, passing lush fields and colorful villages in the foothills of the Andes. From there, the journey is highlighted by wonderful vistas of the mountains and the beautiful Urubamba River which runs through the Sacred Valley. On arrival in the town of Aguas Calientes at the foot of Machu Picchu, guests are taken by bus to Machu Picchu Sanctuary Lodge for lunch, which overlooks the ancient citadel. A private guided tour of the citadel follows before the return transfer to the station in the early evening. A sumptuous dinner is served on the train during the 3 hour journey back to Cusco.
- 09:05am Departure from Poroy train station (20 minutes drive from Cusco).
- 12:25pm Arrival at Machu Picchu station. Transfer by bus to the Sanctuary.
- 1:00pm Tour of the ruins.
- 4:00pm Afternoon Tea at the Belmond Sanctuary Lodge.
- 4:45pm Transfer to Machu Picchu train station.
- 5:50pm Train departs for Cusco.
- 9:15pm Arrival at Poroy train station.
Belmond Hiram Bingham runs round trip journeys every day, except on Sundays.
All departure and arrival times are approximate.
- Altitude at Machu Picchu - 2400m / 7873ft.
- Machupicchu Weather: dry from May to October, wet from November to April.
- Baggage: 1 small bag of hand luggage (5 kg/11 lb max) is allowed on the train.
- Drivers and air-conditioned vehicles.
- Transfer Hotel/train station / hotel
- A local experienced English - Spanish tour guide.
- Round trip Bus ticket (Aguas Calientes - Machu Picchu Sanctuary - Aguas Calientes).
- Entrance ticket to Machu Picchu Sanctuary
- Round trip Train ticket ( Poroy - Aguas Calientes - Poroy).
- Welcome drink at the station.
- Onboard meals with Peruvian, Argentinian and Chilean wine, Cusqueña beer, Pisco Sour, soft drinks and hot drinks (lunch on outward journey, dinner on return).
- Onboard entertainment.
- Afternoon tea at the Belmond Sanctuary Lodge.
What is not included
- Personal expenses
- US$ 800.00 p/person - A journey on the Belmond Hiram Bingham. (1)
Prices in U.S. dollars are based on per person, departures are guaranteed.
Private Trip for similar itinerary with much flexibility.
Hiram Bingham train: Named after the explorer who rediscovered the Inca citadel, the train has two dining cars, an observation/bar car and a kitchen car. It can carry up to 84 passengers.
Things to bring
- Hat or cap to protect from the sun.
- Sun cream (factor 35 recommended), lip salve, sun glasses.
- Money belt + emergency money
- Water bottle (mineral water can be bought throughout Peru)
- Camera + Batteries (Batteries can easily be bought in Peru and is of excellent quality).
- Waterproof jacket/rain poncho
- Original passport.
- Swimsuit (if you plan on visiting the hot springs.
- Toiletries, towel and toilet paper
- Insect repellent
- A small day-bag
- Comfortable walking boots with good ankle support.