Lares Trek 4 Days
This trek is a great alternative for people interested in authentic views of life and traditions on the Peruvian highlands, where people still live as the Incas used to live in ancient times, these people live in thatched stone houses shepherding their llamas and alpacas. Furthermore, their economy is still based on the system of exchanging products.
From $ 450
- Things to bring
Lares Trek 4 Days
DAY 1: Cusco - Quisuarani - Cuncani (L)(D)
Starting in Cusco, early in the morning you will be transfered to the Sacred Valley of the Incas, for approximately 3 ½, passing by colorful small communities until Quisuarani starting point of the whole trek, this continues zigzaging up towards Pachacutec pass and then we will come down to the camp, passing through beautiful glacier lakes, until we get Cuncani, that is very nice community where people still preserve their ancient traditions.
DAY 2: Cuncani - Ipsaycocha (B)(L)(D)
The trail follows gently up to Wacawasi a great place to visit an andean market and explore this extraordinary community visiting their houses and chatting to friendly people. Afterwards we will continue up to the Ipsayccocha camp, passing by nice and green pastures of llamas and alpacas (Andean camels) with stunning mountain scenery on the route.
DAY 3: Ipsaycocha – Aguas Calientes (B)(L)(D)
This day the trail continues down through a native agricultural valley of Patacancha where we can visit the school. From here, we will go down to Pumamarca, a very interesting Inca town surrounded by beautiful mountain scenery. Afterwards, we will go down to Ollanataytambo by car, you will catch the train from Ollantaytambo to Aguas Calientes town, for about 2 hours.
Overnight: Hotel in Aguas Calientes town (private bathroom, hot water, storage).
Day 5: Aguas Calientes – Machupicchu - Cusco (B)
Breakfast will be served from 5:00 am. Then you will take the bus to visit the Machu Picchu Sanctuary.
The exciting exploration begins with a visit to the world famous Machupicchu Sacred Temples (Sun Temple, Condor Temple) agricultural terraces, sacred rocks, water fountains, the famous Intihuatana and other important Inca buildings. During the tour, our guide will explain the meanings , importance and story of Machupicchu while we walk around the Machu picchu city for around 2 hours. After your tour you'll have free time to explore the site by yourself.
Later in the afternoon you will take the bus back down to Aguas Calientes where you will take the train back to Ollantaytambo and then carry on by car to Cusco, where we will arrive late at night.
- Pick-up from your hotel
- Transportation by car from Cusco to Quisuarani and from Lares to Ollantaytambo village.
- A local experienced English - Spanish tour guide.
- Entrance fees to tourist sites.
- Transport Cusco - Santa Teresa - Hidroelectrica and Hidroelectrica - Santa Teresa - Cusco
- Hot water every morning and evening after the trek for washing purposes + filtered and boiled water to fill up your water bottle every morning, night, and at lunch time if requested.
- Professional chef, Chefs helper, cooking equipment ( surgical steel )
- Horses to carry the camping equipment.
- Assistant Tour Guide (for groups of 9 or more people).
- 3 Breakfasts, 3 Lunches, 3 Afternoon Snacks and 3 Dinners
- Vegetarian food available upon request with no extra charge
- 01 night of Hotel accommodation in Aguas Calientes town.
- First aid kid.
- Bio-degradable personal hand soaps and detergents.
- Round trip Train ticket (Ollantaytambo - Aguas Calientes - Ollantaytambo).
- Camping gear: Double waterproof tents ( 4 person capacity tent, to allow for higher comfort and keeping the backpacks ) + dining tent with tables and chairs + kitchen tent + toilet tent + tent for our guides, and staff.
- Round trip Bus ticket (Aguas Calientes - Machu Picchu Sanctuary - Aguas Calientes).
- Two hours Machu Picchu guided tour.
- Entrance ticket to Machu Picchu Sanctuary
- Collection from train station (Ollantaytambo) and transfer to Cusco city.
- Drop-off at your hotel
What is not included
- Tips or gratuities for guides, drivers, cooks, porters, etc.
- Entrance to the thermal springs in Aguas Calientes
- Breakfast (first day) and the last lunch( last day).
- Sleeping bag and walking sticks
Prices in U.S. dollars are based on per person, departures are guaranteed.
This tour includes the Expedition Service. The Expedition train has fully covered wagons with panoramic windows to allow travelers to immerse in the beauty of the natural landscape, and make your experience at Machu Picchu begins on the train.
All hotels included in our programs are three stars (Tourist class). Rooms are equipped with cable TV, hote water 24 hours, and bathrooms with free toiletries. Free wifi. Some rooms have air conditioning. Featuring a restaurant and a coffee shop.
- Machu Picchu Student Discount, $ 20.00 per person (Requires ISIC Card to qualify, you will need to e-mail us a copy of your ISIC)
- Machu Picchu Children, $ 20.00 per person (Passengers under 18 years old receive the same discount as a student. If you are claiming a child discount you must send us a scanned copy of your child's passport by email).
- Machu Picchu Andean Community: Peru, Colombia, Bolivia and Ecuador : $ 20.00 per person.
- EARLY BIRD SAVING: 90 days prior to the trip: 10% off.
- Sleeping Bag: $25.00 per person
- Walking Pole: $20.00 per person
- Extra horse to carry extra 15kg of personal items:$50.00
NOTE: INCA PLANET TRAVEL GUIDE reserves the right to make the final decision regarding amount of discount. Also we offer special discounts for groups.
Extensions and additional services
- Private tour guide (english) to visit Machu Picchu: $80.00 per group
- Huaynapicchu mountain ticket: $20.00 per person
- Machupicchu mountain ticket: $20.00 per person
Things to bring
- Hat or cap to protect from the sun.
- Sun cream (factor 35 recommended), lip salve, sun glasses.
- Money belt + emergency money
- Water bottle (mineral water can be bought throughout Peru)
- Camera + Batteries (Batteries can easily be bought in Peru and is of excellent quality).
- Waterproof jacket/rain poncho
- Original passport.
- Swimsuit (if you plan on visiting the hot springs.
- Toiletries, towel and toilet paper
- Insect repellent
- Comfortable walking boots with good ankle support.
- Sleeping bag.
- Backpack (65 litres should be quite sufficient).
- Clothes: long trousers (lightweight), T-shirts, short-sleeved shirt, long-sleeved shirt, pair shorts, Underwear and socks (thermal underwear is highly recommended, being light, warm and makes good nightwear on cold nights), Fleece jacket.