Inti Raymi 1 Day
The Sun, which was considered the most important deity in the Inca empire, was worshiped by the Incas. therefore, one of the most important celebrations during Inca times was that of Inti Raymi or Sun Festivity. A celebration to honor the god Inti (the Sun). This religious Inca ceremony that takes place every June 24th in Cusco
- Things to bring
Inti Raymi 1 Day
Around 8.00 am. We will pick-you up from your hotel and transport in our private bus to Qoricancha called The temple of the sun, where we will see the start of the ceremony or first scene. Then we will follow the Inca's procession barefoot until the main square of Cusco, where we will see the second part. After that we will be transported in our private bus to the archaeological site of Sacsayhuaman, where the main ceremony will start. Along this the day will enjoy of the representations and the typical dances. We will be sitting in a comfortable tribune. After the Inti Raymi, we will come back to our hotel by our private bus.
- Pick-up from your hotel
- Round-trip transportation.
- A local experienced English - Spanish tour guide.
- Entrance fees to tourist sites.
- Drop-off at your hotel
What is not included
- Personal expenses
- $60.00 per person - Group Service (Green Area)
Prices in U.S. dollars are based on per person, departures are guaranteed.
Things to bring
- Hat or cap to protect from the sun.
- Sun cream (factor 35 recommended), lip salve, sun glasses.
- Money belt + emergency money
- Water bottle (mineral water can be bought throughout Peru)
- Camera + Batteries (Batteries can easily be bought in Peru and is of excellent quality).
- Waterproof jacket/rain poncho
- Original passport.
- Toiletries, towel and toilet paper
- A small day-bag
- Comfortable walking boots with good ankle support.