Inka jungle Machupicchu 4 Days
This is a new Combination, between a Down Hill Mountain Bike Tour and a Jungle Trekking to Machupicchu, for this tour, you dont need to book with many time in advanced.
From $ 380
- Things to bring
Inka jungle Machupicchu 4 Days
DAY 1: Cusco - Malaga Pass- Santa Maria (L)(D)
At 7:45 AM AM 8.00 pick up. Our trip begins leaving the Cusco city going by Chinchero and Ollantaytambo villages where we will be able to see to our step cultivations characteristic of this area. We will begin to ascend toward the Malaga pass known as a mystic place located the 4350 m.s.n.m. Where people constantly carry out payments to the mother earth. In this point we get out the car to ride our modern bicycles. From this point we’ll descends toward the convention valley. In the journey of this tour we will find a flora variety, fauna, cascades of water and a colorful landscape where the temperature begins to vary since one entered to a warm climate. We will take our lunch at 1:00 p m.. After that, we will visit the Wamanmarca archaeological site. After 4 hours of adventure by bicycles we will arrive to Santa María's village ( 1430 m.s.n.m.). Overnight in a basic lodge.
DAY 2:Santa Maria - Santa Teresa village (B)(L)(D)
After having a nutritional breakfast with typical fruits of this area (banana, papaya, oranges). We’ll start our trek, we will appreciate the coca and coffee plantations. The trail descends to Quellomayo where the group will stop for lunch and have some time to relax in hammocks. After lunch the trek continues along the surging Urubamba river, crossing it at one point in a cart and pulley (safe yet thrilling!). Your day of trekking (around 16km) concludes with a visit to the Santa Teresa hot springs. Sink into the warm water and let the aches of the trail melt away. Dinner and a comfortable lodge in Santa Teresa rounds out the day.
Day 3: Santa Teresa – Hidroelectrica – Aguas Calientes (B)(L)(D)
We get up early in the morning and after breakfast we start walking for around 3 hours aprox. to get the Urubamba river After this spectacular experience we keep going for 2 more hours to a hydroelectric power station which is also a small village and the train station for this part of the trail. Here we can see many kinds of fruits, tree and plants, after the lunch we will continue our trekking to we arrive Aguas Calientes village.
Overnight: Hotel in Aguas Calientes town (private bathroom, hot water, storage).
Day 4: Aguas Calientes – Machu Picchu - Cusco (B)
Breakfast will be served from 5:00 am. Then you will take the bus to visit the Machu Picchu Sanctuary.
The exciting exploration begins with a visit to the world famous Machupicchu Sacred Temples (Sun Temple, Condor Temple) agricultural terraces, sacred rocks, water fountains, the famous Intihuatana and other important Inca buildings. During the tour, our guide will explain the meanings , importance and story of Machupicchu while we walk around the Machu picchu city for around 2 hours. After your tour you'll have free time to explore the site by yourself.
Later in the afternoon you will take the bus back down to Aguas Calientes where you will take the train back to Ollantaytambo and then carry on by car to Cusco, where we will arrive late at night.
All departure and arrival times are approximate.
Breakfast (B), Lunch (L), Dinner (D)
- Pick-up from your hotel
- A local experienced English - Spanish tour guide.
- Transport from Cusco to Abra Malaga.
- Mountain bike with front suspension gloves and helmet.
- Entrance fee for Cocalmayo hot springs
- 24 hours emergency oxygen assistance.
- First aid kid.
- Bio-degradable personal hand soaps and detergents.
- 01 night of Hotel accommodation in Aguas Calientes town.
- Home stay in Santa Maria and Santa Teresa village.
- 4 Breakfasts, 4 Lunches, 4 Afternoon Snacks and 4 Dinners
- Two hours Machu Picchu guided tour.
- Round trip Bus ticket (Aguas Calientes - Machu Picchu Sanctuary - Aguas Calientes).
- Entrance ticket to Machu Picchu Sanctuary
- Return train ticket on the last day from Aguas Calientes to Ollantaytambo.
- Collection from train station (Ollantaytambo) and transfer to Cusco city.
- Drop-off at your hotel
What is not included
- Personal expenses
- Entrance to the thermal springs in Aguas Calientes
Prices in U.S. dollars are based on per person, departures are guaranteed.
This tour includes the Expedition Service. The Expedition train has fully covered wagons with panoramic windows to allow travelers to immerse in the beauty of the natural landscape, and make your experience at Machu Picchu begins on the train.
All hotels included in our programs are three stars (Tourist class). Rooms are equipped with cable TV, hote water 24 hours, and bathrooms with free toiletries. Free wifi. Some rooms have air conditioning. Featuring a restaurant and a coffee shop.
- Machu Picchu Student Discount, $ 20.00 per person (Requires ISIC Card to qualify, you will need to e-mail us a copy of your ISIC)
- Machu Picchu Children, $ 20.00 per person (Passengers under 18 years old receive the same discount as a student. If you are claiming a child discount you must send us a scanned copy of your child's passport by email).
- Machu Picchu Andean Community: Peru, Colombia, Bolivia and Ecuador : $ 20.00 per person.
- EARLY BIRD SAVING: 90 days prior to the trip: 10% off.
NOTE: INCA PLANET TRAVEL GUIDE reserves the right to make the final decision regarding amount of discount. Also we offer special discounts for groups.
Extensions and additional services
- Optional: If you prefer you can take the train to come back to Ollantaytambo + transfer to Cusco (4 hours) instead of the car (8 hours back to Cusco), it will cost you US$ 50 per person more
Things to bring
- Hat or cap to protect from the sun.
- Sun cream (factor 35 recommended), lip salve, sun glasses.
- Money belt + emergency money
- Water bottle (mineral water can be bought throughout Peru)
- Camera + Batteries (Batteries can easily be bought in Peru and is of excellent quality).
- Waterproof jacket/rain poncho
- Original passport.
- Swimsuit (if you plan on visiting the hot springs.
- Toiletries, towel and toilet paper
- Insect repellent
- A small day-bag
- Comfortable walking boots with good ankle support.
- Backpack (65 litres should be quite sufficient).
- Clothes: long trousers (lightweight), T-shirts, short-sleeved shirt, long-sleeved shirt, pair shorts, Underwear and socks (thermal underwear is highly recommended, being light, warm and makes good nightwear on cold nights), Fleece jacket.