Inca Trail 2 Days
On this short but beautiful trek we will be able to enjoy spectacular scenery dominated by snow-capped peaks. We will have our first glimpse of Machu Picchu, seen from the Sun Gate. Then, we will arrive at Machupicchu.
From $ 450
- Things to bring
Inca Trail 2 Days
Day 1. - Cusco / Km 104 / Wiñayhuayña / Aguas Calientes (L, D)
We will pick you up from your hotel in the early morning and take you to the train station. Our hike will begin at Km 104 of the railroad. On this short but beautiful trek we will be able to enjoy spectacular scenery dominated by snow-capped peaks, and there will be plenty of time to visit the fascinating Wiñaywayna archaeological site. We will have our first glimpse of Machu Picchu, seen from the Sun Gate, or Inti Punku. Forty minutes later, we will arrive at Machupicchu, from where we will descend to the village of Aguas Calientes. Overnight in Aguas Calientes town.
Total distance: 13 km (8,08 miles)
Estimated walking time: 6-7 hours
Maximum altitude point: from 2350 to 2650 meter/from 7710 to 8694 feet.
Campsite altitude: 8,793 ft / 2680 m (Wiñaywayna)
Day 2. - Aguas Calientes / Machupicchu / Cusco (B)
Early wake Up (by 05: 30 a.m.), Breakfast. We will take the early Tourist bus Up to Machu Picchu Sanctuary.
The exciting exploration begins with a visit to the world famous Machupicchu Sacred Temples (Sun Temple, Condor Temple) agricultural terraces, sacred rocks, water fountains, the famous Intihuatana and other important Inca buildings. During the tour, our guide will explain the meanings , importance and story of Machupicchu while we walk around the Machu picchu city for around 2 hours. After your tour you'll have free time to explore the site by yourself.
Later in the afternoon you will take the bus back down to Aguas Calientes where you will take the train back to Ollantaytambo and then carry on by car to Cusco, where we will arrive late at night.
All departure and arrival times are approximate.
Breakfast (B), Lunch (L), Dinner (D)
- Pick-up from your hotel
- Collection from your hotel in Cusco and transfer to the train station (Ollantaytambo).
- Train ticket to head of trail (104 Km.)
- Two hours Machu Picchu guided tour.
- Entrance tickets to Machupicchu and the Inca Trail.
- A local experienced English - Spanish tour guide.
- Return train ticket on the last day from Aguas Calientes to Ollantaytambo.
- Collection from train station (Ollantaytambo) and transfer to Cusco city.
- 01 night of Hotel accommodation in Aguas Calientes town.
- 1 lunch , 1 dinner , 1 breakfast .
- 24 hours emergency oxygen assistance.
- First aid kid.
- Drop-off at your hotel
What is not included
- Personal expenses
- Tips or gratuities for guides, drivers, cooks, porters, etc.
- Entrance to the thermal springs in Aguas Calientes
- Breakfast (first day) and the last lunch( last day).
Prices in U.S. dollars are based on per person, departures are guaranteed.
This tour includes the Expedition Service. The Expedition train has fully covered wagons with panoramic windows to allow travelers to immerse in the beauty of the natural landscape, and make your experience at Machu Picchu begins on the train.
All hotels included in our programs are three stars (Tourist class). Rooms are equipped with cable TV, hote water 24 hours, and bathrooms with free toiletries. Free wifi. Some rooms have air conditioning. Featuring a restaurant and a coffee shop.
- EARLY BIRD SAVING: 90 days prior to the trip: 10% off.
- Inca Trail Student Discount, $ 40.00 per person (Requires ISIC Card to qualify, you will need to e-mail us a copy of your ISIC)
- Inca Trail Children, $ 40.00 per person (Passengers under 18 years old receive the same discount as a student. If you are claiming a child discount you must send us a scanned copy of your child's passport by email).
- Inca Trail - Andean Community: Peru, Colombia, Bolivia and Ecuador : $ 30.00 per person.
NOTE: INCA PLANET TRAVEL GUIDE reserves the right to make the final decision regarding amount of discount. Also we offer special discounts for groups.
Extensions and additional services
- Huaynapicchu mountain ticket: $60.00 per person
- Machupicchu mountain ticket: $60.00 per person
- Walking Pole: $20.00 per person
Things to bring
- Hat or cap to protect from the sun.
- Sun cream (factor 35 recommended), lip salve, sun glasses.
- Money belt + emergency money
- Water bottle (mineral water can be bought throughout Peru)
- Camera + Batteries (Batteries can easily be bought in Peru and is of excellent quality).
- Waterproof jacket/rain poncho
- Original passport.
- Swimsuit (if you plan on visiting the hot springs.
- Toiletries, towel and toilet paper
- Insect repellent
- Comfortable walking boots with good ankle support.