Inca Trail 4 days
The Inca trail offers amazing ancient Inca paved stone way, stairways, tunnels and several temples along the trail. What makes it so important is the fabulous treasure at the end – Machu Picchu.
From $ 460
- Things to bring
Inca Trail 4 days
Day 1. Cusco - Huayllabamba (L, D)
5:30 AM Pick up from the hotel by bus, then it’s stops to go to the Ollantaytambo town, where we will stop to our support personnel's encounter (carriers), to continue our trip going to Piskacucho on kilometer 82 to begin to our walk from 5 to 6 hours aproximately to the Andean town of Huayllabamba where we will camp the first night. Previous visit to the archaeological group of Patallacta.
Total distance: 12 km (7,47 miles).
Estimated walking time: 5-6 hours.
Maximum altitude point: 3,000 m (9,840 ft)
Campsite altitude: 3,000 m (9,840 ft)
Day 2. Huayllabamba - Pacaymayu (B, L, D)
After the breakfast we begin our journey, the most difficult in the circuit to conquer the Step of Warmiwañusca located at 4,200 m.s.n.m. from where we will be able to visualize the mountains, valleys, picks with snow perpetuate, it stops then to descend until the sector of Pacaymayu camp place.
Total distance: 11 km (6,84 miles).
Estimated walking time: 6-7 hours.
Maximum altitude point: 4,200 m (13,776 ft).
Campsite altitude: 3,500 m (11,480 ft).
Day 3. Pacaymayu - Wiñaywayña (B, L, D)
In this journey, we meet with the original road, During this day we will be able to visit one another wonderful archaeological group, among these Runkurakay figures, Sayaqmarka, Phuyupatamarka, and finally Wiñaywayna, camp.
Total distance: 16 km (9,94 miles).
Estimated walking time: 8 hours.
Maximum altitude point: 3,900 m (12,792 ft)
Campsite altitude: 2,650 m (8,692 ft)
Day 4. Wiñaywayña - Machupicchu - Cusco (B)
This journey is the most prospective for all, our effort will be rewarded, we walk 2.00 hours aproximately toward Inti Punku, where we will have a splendid panoramic view of Machupicchu,then, we will continue our trek to enter to Machu Picchu Sanctuary, where we will have a guided visit, having a free time to take pictures an walk around, subsequently we will descend to the station of the train to return to the city of the Cusco.
Total distance: 4 km (2,49 miles).
Estimated walking time: 2 hours.
Maximum altitude point: 2,700 m (8,829 ft).
All departure and arrival times are approximate.
Breakfast (B), Lunch (L), Dinner (D)
- Altitude at Machu Picchu - 2400m / 7873ft.
- Machupicchu Weather: dry from May to October, wet from November to April.
- Baggage: 1 small bag of hand luggage (5 kg/11 lb max) is allowed on the train.
- Pick-up from your hotel
- Collection from your hotel in Cusco and transfer to Km. 82 (trek starting point).
- Bus ticket down from Machu Picchu complex to Aguas Calientes.
- Two hours Machu Picchu guided tour.
- Entrance tickets to Machupicchu and the Inca Trail.
- A local experienced English - Spanish tour guide.
- Return train ticket on the last day from Aguas Calientes to Ollantaytambo.
- Collection from train station (Ollantaytambo) and transfer to Cusco city.
- 3 Breakfasts, 3 Lunches, 3 Afternoon Snacks and 3 Dinners
- Vegetarian food available upon request with no extra charge
- Camping gear: Double waterproof tents ( 4 person capacity tent, to allow for higher comfort and keeping the backpacks ) + dining tent with tables and chairs + kitchen tent + toilet tent + tent for our guides, and staff.
- 24 hours emergency oxygen assistance.
- First aid kid.
- Bio-degradable personal hand soaps and detergents.
- Hot water every morning and evening after the trek for washing purposes + filtered and boiled water to fill up your water bottle every morning, night, and at lunch time if requested.
- Professional chef, Chefs helper, cooking equipment ( surgical steel )
- Porters to carry cooking and camping equipment.
- Assistant Tour Guide (for groups of 9 or more people).
- Drop-off at your hotel
What is not included
- Personal expenses
- Tips or gratuities for guides, drivers, cooks, porters, etc.
- Entrance to the thermal springs in Aguas Calientes
- Breakfast (first day) and the last lunch( last day).
- Sleeping bag and walking sticks
- US$ 500.00 p/person - Group Service - Expedition (1)
- US$ 550.00 p/person - Group Service - Vistadome (2)
Prices in U.S. dollars are based on per person, departures are guaranteed.
Private Trip for similar itinerary with much flexibility.
(1) The Expedition train has fully covered wagons with panoramic windows to allow travelers to immerse in the beauty of the natural landscape, and make your experience at Machu Picchu begins on the train.
(2) The Vistadome train has a different service on board, which allows travelers to immerse and feel the Andean culture through its landscapes, music, dance and even food carefully prepared with local ingredients. This train is completely surrounded by glass, with wagons with large panoramic windows offering unparalleled scenic views and a number of spectacular photo opportunities.
- EARLY BIRD SAVING: 90 days prior to the trip: 10% off.
- Inca Trail Student Discount, $ 40.00 per person (Requires ISIC Card to qualify, you will need to e-mail us a copy of your ISIC)
- Inca Trail Children, $ 40.00 per person (Passengers under 18 years old receive the same discount as a student. If you are claiming a child discount you must send us a scanned copy of your child's passport by email).
- Inca Trail - Andean Community: Peru, Colombia, Bolivia and Ecuador : $ 30.00 per person.
NOTE: INCA PLANET TRAVEL GUIDE reserves the right to make the final decision regarding amount of discount. Also we offer special discounts for groups.
Extensions and additional services
- Huaynapicchu mountain ticket: $60.00 per person
- Machupicchu mountain ticket: $60.00 per person
- Sleeping Bag: $25.00 per person
- Walking Pole: $20.00 per person
- Inflatable Mattress: $15.00 per person
- Single Tent Supplement: $25.00 per person
- Personal Porter to carry extra 15kg of your belongings: $60.00
Things to bring
- Hat or cap to protect from the sun.
- Sun cream (factor 35 recommended), lip salve, sun glasses.
- Money belt + emergency money
- Water bottle (mineral water can be bought throughout Peru)
- Camera + Batteries (Batteries can easily be bought in Peru and is of excellent quality).
- Waterproof jacket/rain poncho
- Original passport.
- Swimsuit (if you plan on visiting the hot springs.
- Toiletries, towel and toilet paper
- Insect repellent
- Comfortable walking boots with good ankle support.
- Sleeping bag.
- Backpack (65 litres should be quite sufficient).
- Clothes: long trousers (lightweight), T-shirts, short-sleeved shirt, long-sleeved shirt, pair shorts, Underwear and socks (thermal underwear is highly recommended, being light, warm and makes good nightwear on cold nights), Fleece jacket.