Huchuy Qosqo 3 Days
Huchuy Qosqo is an archaeological site north of Cuzco, Peru. Its name is Quechua for Little Cusco. This tour takes you to the sanctuary of Machu Picchu like ending point before coming back to Cusco.
- Things to bring
Huchuy Qosqo 3 Days
Day 1: Cusco - Tambomachay - Qenqo Village
We will pick you up from your hotel at around 6.30am and take you up to Tambomachay (3700 meters) in the Sacsayhuaman Park. This is where we’ll begin our trek; from here we’ll head up the mountainside for about 2 hours until we reach our first pass for the day (4100 meters). From here you’ll be able to enjoy the views of the several Inca sites and Cusco spread below you. After a well deserved rest we’ll descend in to the next valley where we’ll visit a small village called Quesser Grande before heading back up the opposite side of the valley again for 2 hours to reach our second pass (4300 meters). From here we’ll descend to Lake Qoricocha (Golden Water) and follow the edge of the lake round to reach the path which will take us to our first nights camp at Qenko village (3900 meters), this last leg will take us about an hour and a half. On our first day there is the possibility of seeing Andean geese and falcons and if we’re lucky maybe some hummingbirds. Overnight at campsite.
Day 2: Qenqo Village - Huchuy Qosqo - Lamay - Aguas Calientes
We’ll start the day early and have breakfast (6:30am) in the village, after breakfast your guide will take to visit a one of the local families to see and experience their lifestyle and culture. Here in the mountains Quechua is the predominant language so can try your hand at learning a few phrases. After you’ve visited the family you’ll have the opportunity to buy some handicrafts and then we’ll set off for our day. Today is an easy walk; we’ll walk for 1 hour and arrive to an Inca trail which will take us to Huchuy Qosco. We’ll walk for about 1 and half hours through the beautiful valleys before arriving to Huchuy Qosco itself. Your guide will give you a tour for about 1 and a half hours and then you’ll have lunch here and a chance to explore by yourself. Once we’ve finished up in Huchuy Qosco we’ll head down to the Sacred Valley via an Inca stairway, we’ll go down the steps for an hour and a half and finally arrive to Lamay a village in the Sacred Valley where we’ll get a bus to take us to Ollantaytambo. From Ollantaytambo we take a train to Aguas Calientes.
Overnight: Hotel in Aguas Calientes town (private bathroom, hot water, storage).
Aguas Calientes - Machu Picchu - Cusco
Breakfast will be served from 5:00 am. Then you will take the bus to visit the Machu Picchu Sanctuary.
The exciting exploration begins with a visit to the world famous Machupicchu Sacred Temples (Sun Temple, Condor Temple) agricultural terraces, sacred rocks, water fountains, the famous Intihuatana and other important Inca buildings. During the tour, our guide will explain the meanings , importance and story of Machupicchu while we walk around the Machu picchu city for around 2 hours. After your tour you'll have free time to explore the site by yourself.
Later in the afternoon you will take the bus back down to Aguas Calientes where you will take the train back to Ollantaytambo and then carry on by car to Cusco, where we will arrive late at night.
All departure and arrival times are approximate.
- Pick-up from your hotel
- Transport Cusco - Tambomachay and Lamay-Ollantaytambo.
- A local experienced English - Spanish tour guide.
- Entrance fees to tourist sites.
- Hot water every morning and evening after the trek for washing purposes + filtered and boiled water to fill up your water bottle every morning, night, and at lunch time if requested.
- Professional chef, Chefs helper, cooking equipment ( surgical steel )
- Horses to carry the camping equipment.
- Assistant Tour Guide (for groups of 9 or more people).
- 2 lunches, 2 dinners , 2 breakfasts.
- Vegetarian food available upon request with no extra charge
- 01 night of Hotel accommodation in Aguas Calientes town.
- First aid kid.
- Bio-degradable personal hand soaps and detergents.
- Round trip Train ticket (Ollantaytambo - Aguas Calientes - Ollantaytambo).
- Camping gear: Double waterproof tents ( 4 person capacity tent, to allow for higher comfort and keeping the backpacks ) + dining tent with tables and chairs + kitchen tent + toilet tent + tent for our guides, and staff.
- Round trip Bus ticket (Aguas Calientes - Machu Picchu Sanctuary - Aguas Calientes).
- Two hours Machu Picchu guided tour.
- Entrance ticket to Machu Picchu Sanctuary
- Collection from train station (Ollantaytambo) and transfer to Cusco city.
- Drop-off at your hotel
What is not included
- Tips or gratuities for guides, drivers, cooks, porters, etc.
- Entrance to the thermal springs in Aguas Calientes
- Breakfast (first day) and the last lunch( last day).
- Sleeping bag and walking sticks
Prices in U.S. dollars are based on per person, departures are guaranteed.
This tour includes the Expedition Service. The Expedition train has fully covered wagons with panoramic windows to allow travelers to immerse in the beauty of the natural landscape, and make your experience at Machu Picchu begins on the train.
All hotels included in our programs are three stars (Tourist class). Rooms are equipped with cable TV, hote water 24 hours, and bathrooms with free toiletries. Free wifi. Some rooms have air conditioning. Featuring a restaurant and a coffee shop.
- Machu Picchu Student Discount, $ 20.00 per person (Requires ISIC Card to qualify, you will need to e-mail us a copy of your ISIC)
- Machu Picchu Children, $ 20.00 per person (Passengers under 18 years old receive the same discount as a student. If you are claiming a child discount you must send us a scanned copy of your child's passport by email).
- Machu Picchu Andean Community: Peru, Colombia, Bolivia and Ecuador : $ 20.00 per person.
- EARLY BIRD SAVING: 90 days prior to the trip: 10% off.
NOTE: INCA PLANET TRAVEL GUIDE reserves the right to make the final decision regarding amount of discount. Also we offer special discounts for groups.
Extensions and additional services
- Private tour guide (english) to visit Machu Picchu: $80.00 per group
- Huaynapicchu mountain ticket: $20.00 per person
- Machupicchu mountain ticket: $20.00 per person
- Sleeping Bag: $25.00 per person
- Walking Pole: $20.00 per person
- Extra horse to carry extra 15kg of personal items:$50.00
Things to bring
- Hat or cap to protect from the sun.
- Sun cream (factor 35 recommended), lip salve, sun glasses.
- Money belt + emergency money
- Water bottle (mineral water can be bought throughout Peru)
- Camera + Batteries (Batteries can easily be bought in Peru and is of excellent quality).
- Waterproof jacket/rain poncho
- Original passport.
- Swimsuit (if you plan on visiting the hot springs.
- Toiletries, towel and toilet paper
- Insect repellent
- Comfortable walking boots with good ankle support.
- Sleeping bag.
- Backpack (65 litres should be quite sufficient).
- Clothes: long trousers (lightweight), T-shirts, short-sleeved shirt, long-sleeved shirt, pair shorts, Underwear and socks (thermal underwear is highly recommended, being light, warm and makes good nightwear on cold nights), Fleece jacket.