Huchuy Qosqo 2 Days
This trek is ideal for those passengers who really want to be far in the middle of nowhere with only nature surrounding them as they camp in an area that is scarcely seen by tourists.
- Things to bring
Huchuy Qosqo 2 Days
Day 1: Cusco / Pucamarca (L)(D)
Leaving Cusco at 7:30 to reach tambomachay at 8.00 am at an altitude of 3800 masl. In this place will start our hiking going up the hill for 1.30 hours to reach tambomachay summit 3900 masl. Watching part of Cusco valley, will go on up the hill for two hours to reach QORICOCHA summit 4080 masl, from we will get an excellent view of the lagoon and the mountains, to then start going down the hill for about 1.15 hours till reaching YANACOCHA 4020 masl, lunching place with a pleasing and beautiful view. After a delicious lunch, we will get started on going up the hill again for about 1.30 hours to reach the third summit PUCAMARCA 4150 masl. where is the camp site and dinner.
Day 2: Pucamarca / Huchuy Qosqo / Lamay / Cusco (B)(L)
After breakfast, we depart by the original inca trail we will reach the canyon with and Inca Bridge made in stone in HUCHUY QOSQO 3550 masl. Going on down the hill, we will reach the Inca archaeological site of UCHUY QOSQO . These ruins are three story high Inca structures made of stone and adobe (mud-brick) The beauty of these ruins is that they are built on the mountain top. With clear blue skies above and many streams running on either side of the ruins. Then we will start going down the hill in a zig-zag fashion to reach LAMAY town 2800 masl. In that place a tour-bus will be waiting for us to transport us to PISAQ town 2850 masl to visit and to observe it crafts market (Sundays, Tuesdays, Thursdays) for about 45 minutes. Going back to Lamay our lunch will be waiting for us (12.30 am – 1.30 pm).
All departure and arrival times are approximate.
- Pick-up from your hotel
- Transport Cusco - Tambomachay and Lamay-Pisaq - Cusco.
- A local experienced English - Spanish tour guide.
- Entrance fees to tourist sites.
- Hot water every morning and evening after the trek for washing purposes + filtered and boiled water to fill up your water bottle every morning, night, and at lunch time if requested.
- Professional chef, Chefs helper, cooking equipment ( surgical steel )
- Horses to carry the camping equipment.
- Assistant Tour Guide (for groups of 9 or more people).
- 2 lunches, 1 dinner , 1 breakfast.
- Vegetarian food available upon request with no extra charge
- First aid kid.
- Bio-degradable personal hand soaps and detergents.
- Camping gear: Double waterproof tents ( 4 person capacity tent, to allow for higher comfort and keeping the backpacks ) + dining tent with tables and chairs + kitchen tent + toilet tent + tent for our guides, and staff.
- Drop-off at your hotel
What is not included
- Tips or gratuities for guides, drivers, cooks, porters, etc.
- Sleeping bag and walking sticks
Prices in U.S. dollars are based on per person, departures are guaranteed.
- EARLY BIRD SAVING: 90 days prior to the trip: 10% off.
NOTE: INCA PLANET TRAVEL GUIDE reserves the right to make the final decision regarding amount of discount. Also we offer special discounts for groups.
Things to bring
- Hat or cap to protect from the sun.
- Sun cream (factor 35 recommended), lip salve, sun glasses.
- Money belt + emergency money
- Water bottle (mineral water can be bought throughout Peru)
- Camera + Batteries (Batteries can easily be bought in Peru and is of excellent quality).
- Waterproof jacket/rain poncho
- Original passport.
- Swimsuit (if you plan on visiting the hot springs.
- Toiletries, towel and toilet paper
- Insect repellent
- Comfortable walking boots with good ankle support.
- Sleeping bag.
- Backpack (65 litres should be quite sufficient).
- Clothes: long trousers (lightweight), T-shirts, short-sleeved shirt, long-sleeved shirt, pair shorts, Underwear and socks (thermal underwear is highly recommended, being light, warm and makes good nightwear on cold nights), Fleece jacket.