Ausangate Trek 4 days
Ausangate is a spectacular glacier mountain located to the southeast of Cusco. It offers fascinating hiking routes around the base of Ausangate, as well fabulous mountain scenery, animal life and typical local countrymen forming small communities living at the bottom of the Glacier Mountains preserving ancient traditions and the legacy of the Incas. On the Ausangate trek, we are the only company that use llamas (Andean camels) instead of horses making this expedition an unforgettable experience in your life.
- Things to bring
Ausangate Trek 4 days
DAY 1: CUSCO (3400M) - T’INKI(3800M) - UPIS
We leave Cusco by bus at 5 am and drive south from the city, passing by many small villages such as Urcos, Andahuaylillas and Ocongate. Four hours later we will arrive to Tinki, where we meet our muleteers to begin the trek that will take us 3 hours until lunch place and after two more hours we arrive to the first campsite in Upis. L.D.
DAY 2: UPIS - QOMERCOCHA LAGOON
The trek begins at 8 A.M. in the direction of great Ausangate mountain that is saw throughout all the walk, we will hike along its front face and also will be able to appreciate other snowed mountains like Mariposa and Qampa, after 3 hours we will arrive to the lunch place and after enjoy it we continue for 2.5 hours to the camping place in the Qomercocha lake or green lake. B, L, D.
DAY 3: QOMERCOCHA LAGOON - SIGRINACOCHA
It will be another fascinating trek this day we are going to gain the highest pass of our trek named Palomani pass (5200masl), at this point you’ll be regarded by splendid views and also it’s very important place to leave offerings to the Apus (mountain spirits) afterwards we descent towards the ancient farming place named Finaya where people live shepherding their llamas and alpacas, next to this place is our campsite.
DAY 4: SIGRINACOCHA LAGOON - PAMPACANCHA - CUSCO
This day we will cross by the base of magnific mountains like the Puca Punta, Qolqecruz and the Cayangates, the landscape is impressive due to the presence of many species of fauna of the Andes like vicunas, alpacas, llamas, vizcachas, huallatas, condores, among others. Three hours walking and we’ll arrive to our lunch place and then three more hours to get to the beautiful lake of Sigrinacocha. It is here where we will spend the night. B, L, D.
DAY 5 : PHACCHANTA - T'INKI - CUSCO
Después del desayuno continuamos con nuestra aventura, iniciando el recorrido en la dirección del paso de la comunidad Pampacancha por valles y lagunas de singular belleza. Finalmente llegamos a Pampacancha donde nuestro bus va a estar esperando para llevarnos a la ciudad del Cusco. B, L.
All departure and arrival times are approximate.
- Pick-up from your hotel
- Transport Cusco - Tinki village and Tinki village - Cusco.
- A local experienced English - Spanish tour guide.
- Entrance fees to tourist sites.
- Hot water every morning and evening after the trek for washing purposes + filtered and boiled water to fill up your water bottle every morning, night, and at lunch time if requested.
- Professional chef, Chefs helper, cooking equipment ( surgical steel )
- Horses to carry the camping equipment.
- Assistant Tour Guide (for groups of 9 or more people).
- 5 breakfasts, 6 lunches, 5 dinners, 5 afternoon teas.
- Vegetarian food available upon request with no extra charge
- First aid kid.
- Bio-degradable personal hand soaps and detergents.
- Camping gear: Double waterproof tents ( 4 person capacity tent, to allow for higher comfort and keeping the backpacks ) + dining tent with tables and chairs + kitchen tent + toilet tent + tent for our guides, and staff.
- Drop-off at your hotel
What is not included
- Tips or gratuities for guides, drivers, cooks, porters, etc.
- Sleeping bag and walking sticks
Prices in U.S. dollars are based on per person, departures are guaranteed.
- EARLY BIRD SAVING: 90 days prior to the trip: 10% off.
- Sleeping Bag: $25.00 per person
- Walking Pole: $20.00 per person
- Extra horse to carry extra 15kg of personal items:$50.00
NOTE: INCA PLANET TRAVEL GUIDE reserves the right to make the final decision regarding amount of discount. Also we offer special discounts for groups.
Extensions and additional services
Things to bring
- Hat or cap to protect from the sun.
- Sun cream (factor 35 recommended), lip salve, sun glasses.
- Money belt + emergency money
- Water bottle (mineral water can be bought throughout Peru)
- Camera + Batteries (Batteries can easily be bought in Peru and is of excellent quality).
- Waterproof jacket/rain poncho
- Original passport.
- Swimsuit (if you plan on visiting the hot springs.
- Toiletries, towel and toilet paper
- Insect repellent
- Comfortable walking boots with good ankle support.
- Sleeping bag.
- Backpack (65 litres should be quite sufficient).
- Clothes: long trousers (lightweight), T-shirts, short-sleeved shirt, long-sleeved shirt, pair shorts, Underwear and socks (thermal underwear is highly recommended, being light, warm and makes good nightwear on cold nights), Fleece jacket.