Anapia 2 Days
The experience with this native community is combined with interesting walks on the neighboring islands and sailboat rides. You will capture images of the vicunas and snowed capped mountains.
- Things to bring
Anapia 2 Days
DAY 1: PUNO – ANAPIA
Pick up fromyour hotel at 7:00 AM aprox. We will start our journey in Puno, going by Chucuito, Acora and Yunguyo, where you catch a 1½-hour sailboat ride to the flat but fertile Anapia island in the smaller lake Wiñaymarka, we’ll visit this place to know and to exchange experiences and culture with the residents of this island. The day is then spent farming, tending to the animals, or playing with the children, and also includes a hiking trip to nearby Yuspique Island, where the women cook lunch on the beach. Typically, fresh fish is served with huatia (potatoes cooked in a natural clay oven and buried in hot soil with lots of herbs). Overnight in a rural house.
DAY 2: ANAPIA - YUSPIKI - ANAPIA - PUNO
In the second day, we will take a sailing ship to visit the Yuspiki island (vicuñas hatchery). This island is today a protection center for this endangered spice. Picnic lunch and return to Punta Hermosa port. 15.00 pm. Return to Puno, arriving at 18:00 aproximately.
All departure and arrival times are approximate.
- Pick-up from your hotel
- Round-trip transportation.
- A local experienced English - Spanish tour guide.
- Home Stay in Anapia communnity + 01 Dinner + 02 lunches + 01 breakfast
- Entrance fees to tourist sites.
- Drop-off at your hotel
What is not included
- Personal expenses
Prices in U.S. dollars are based on per person, departures are guaranteed.
- EARLY BIRD SAVING: 90 days prior to the trip: 10% off.
NOTE: INCA PLANET TRAVEL GUIDE reserves the right to make the final decision regarding amount of discount. Also we offer special discounts for groups.
Things to bring
- Hat or cap to protect from the sun.
- Sun cream (factor 35 recommended), lip salve, sun glasses.
- Money belt + emergency money
- Water bottle (mineral water can be bought throughout Peru)
- Camera + Batteries (Batteries can easily be bought in Peru and is of excellent quality).
- Waterproof jacket/rain poncho
- Original passport.
- A small day-bag
- Comfortable walking boots with good ankle support.