Uros-Taquile 01 Day
On this picturesque island the people maintain their old customs, dressing in traditional clothing and doing things the old way. You will witness the millenary techniques of hand- weaving beautiful textiles.
- Things to bring
Uros-Taquile 01 Day
Pick up from your hotel at 06:45 a.m. and transfer to the port
We will take our motor-boat ride on Lake Titicaca to visit the uros floating islands. For hundreds of years the livelihood of this tribe is based on the benefits of a unique plant: the totora reed (scyrpus totora). They use it to build their homes, boats and even the floating islands they live on, periodically adding new layers of reeds. They also use it in their highly developed weaving.
You will have time to share with the people the Uros, and then we will continue on to the Island of Taquile.
On Taquile island the people maintain their old customs, dressing in traditional clothing and doing things the old way. You will witness the millenary techniques of hand- weaving beautiful textiles. There is also a craft fair on the main square that sells exceptional wool goods which are of very fine quality and somewhat expensive; also you will enjoy a typical lunch in Taquile (natural products), after that you must to descend a stairway of more than 500 steps - streaks of stone that wind their way among greenery platforms, we will reach the port and come back to Puno by motor boat.
You will arrive to Puno at 5:15 pm aprox.
All departure and arrival times are approximate.
- Pick-up from your hotel
- Round-trip transportation.
- A local experienced English - Spanish tour guide.
- Lunch in Taquile
- Entrance fees to tourist sites.
- Drop-off at your hotel
What is not included
- Personal expenses
Prices in U.S. dollars are based on per person, departures are guaranteed.
- EARLY BIRD SAVING: 90 days prior to the trip: 10% off.
NOTE: INCA PLANET TRAVEL GUIDE reserves the right to make the final decision regarding amount of discount. Also we offer special discounts for groups.
Things to bring
- Hat or cap to protect from the sun.
- Sun cream (factor 35 recommended), lip salve, sun glasses.
- Money belt + emergency money
- Water bottle (mineral water can be bought throughout Peru)
- Camera + Batteries (Batteries can easily be bought in Peru and is of excellent quality).
- Waterproof jacket/rain poncho
- Original passport.
- A small day-bag
- Comfortable walking boots with good ankle support.