Machu Picchu Mountain 1 Day
Machupicchu old mountain. This mountain is located towards the south of the Citadel. coming from the Intipuncu to the Machu Picchu Citadel. A slow climb takes approximately three hours and once you reach the top, you will enjoy spectacular views.
From US$ 300
- Things to bring
Machu Picchu Mountain 1 Day
Very early in the morning we will pick up from your hotel, we will go to the Ollantaytambo train station. Then, you will take the train to get Machu picchu town (the train lasts about 2 hours). Then, we will pick you up from the Machupicchu train station and transfer to the bus station. We will take the early bus up to the stunning archeological complex of Machu Picchu (The bus ride lasts about 15 minutes). After that, you will meet your guide and other group members.
The exciting exploration begins with a visit to the world famous Machupicchu Sacred Temples (Sun Temple, Condor Temple) agricultural terraces, sacred rocks, water fountains, the famous Intihuatana and other important Inca buildings. During the tour, our guide will explain the meanings , importance and story of Machupicchu while we walk around the Machu picchu city for around 2 hours. After your tour you'll have free time to explore the site by yourself.
CLIMBING MACHUPICCHU OLD MOUNTAIN: (The Machu Picchu Mountain trek is considered to be a moderate to challenging trek ), Once your tour of the ruins are over, your guide will show you where to begin. This hike is typically done on your own (without the guide) unless you requested assistance. From the main entrance of Machu Picchu follow the upper-trail heading in the direction of the Guardhouse. Small and newly erected wooden signs signal the way the start of the trail head, which is also the same path which leads to the Sun Gate (Inti Punku). A couple of minutes from the Guardhouse, you need to turn right and follow the path which climbs up through the agricultural terracing. Following the trail for another 15 minutes you will arrive at the wardens hut, where you need to sign in showing your passport and entrance ticket. From the entrance of Machu Picchu to the wardens hut takes approximately 30 minutes. After the wardens hut the trail follows a fairly even ascent of about 30 – 35 degrees in angle for about 1 hour. Gradually and steadily gaining altitude, the views of Machu Picchu and the surrounding mountains become ever-more impressive. There are several view and rest points along the way. As the trail gets closer to the base of Machu Picchu Mountain, the steps become steeper, narrower and more challenging. Winding on for another 30 minutes or so, the trail passes through a stone gateway, before following a narrow mountain ridge to the summit. A small round hut provides shelter and seating, whilst the view point (a few more yards on) offers aw-inspiring views of Machu Picchu, Huayna Picchu and Putucusi Mountains. The decent follows the same route.
Later in the afternoon you will take the bus back down to Aguas Calientes where you will take the train back to Ollantaytambo and then carry on by car to Cusco, where we will arrive late at night.
All departure and arrival times are approximate.
- Collection from your hotel in Cusco and transfer to the train station (Ollantaytambo).
- Round trip Train ticket (Ollantaytambo - Aguas Calientes - Ollantaytambo).
- Round trip Bus ticket (Aguas Calientes - Machu Picchu Sanctuary - Aguas Calientes).
- Two hours Machu Picchu guided tour.
- Entrance ticket to Machu Picchu citadel and Machu Picchu old mountain
- Gourmet Lunch at Machu Picchu town
- Collection from train station (Ollantaytambo) and transfer to Cusco city.
What is not included
- Personal expenses
- Entrance to the thermal springs in Aguas Calientes
Prices in U.S. dollars are based on per person, departures are guaranteed.
Private Trip for similar itinerary with much flexibility.
(1) The Expedition train has fully covered wagons with panoramic windows to allow travelers to immerse in the beauty of the natural landscape, and make your experience at Machu Picchu begins on the train.
(2) The Vistadome train has a different service on board, which allows travelers to immerse and feel the Andean culture through its landscapes, music, dance and even food carefully prepared with local ingredients. This train is completely surrounded by glass, with wagons with large panoramic windows offering unparalleled scenic views and a number of spectacular photo opportunities.
- Machu Picchu Student Discount, $ 20.00 per person (Requires ISIC Card to qualify, you will need to e-mail us a copy of your ISIC)
- Machu Picchu Children, $ 20.00 per person (Passengers under 18 years old receive the same discount as a student. If you are claiming a child discount you must send us a scanned copy of your child's passport by email).
- Machu Picchu Andean Community: Peru, Colombia, Bolivia and Ecuador : $ 20.00 per person.
- EARLY BIRD SAVING: 90 days prior to the trip: 10% off.
NOTE: INCA PLANET TRAVEL GUIDE reserves the right to make the final decision regarding amount of discount. Also we offer special discounts for groups.
Extensions and additional services
Things to bring
- Hat or cap to protect from the sun.
- Sun cream (factor 35 recommended), lip salve, sun glasses.
- Money belt + emergency money
- Water bottle (mineral water can be bought throughout Peru)
- Camera + Batteries (Batteries can easily be bought in Peru and is of excellent quality).
- Waterproof jacket/rain poncho
- Original passport.
- Swimsuit (if you plan on visiting the hot springs.
- Toiletries, towel and toilet paper
- Insect repellent
- A small day-bag
- Comfortable walking boots with good ankle support.